Saturday, October 08, 2005

COP Guild is COED

OK, I spend way too much time playing Guild Wars. Our modest guild was started by four friends who wanted a `club.'

After 4-5 months of are small guild, we decided to grow the guild. The problem with growing your guild is that most everyone is a n00b. Noob (pronounced: newb) is a label given to people that are new to something. It is often used as a pejorative when your performance is less than stellar.

So I have been recruiting lately. The yield has been mostly positive. But what has amazed me is that we have picked up 2 girls. 1/8 of our guild is occupied by ladies.

My wife despises computers in general, so I was stunned when I learned that we had recruited 2 girls. Which makes me wonder how many GW players are women. A bigger bonus is that the players are actually pretty good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home