Friday, December 02, 2005

I Like Pinup Girls

I was watching a tivo'd episode of Mail Call (Ultimate Man Show). Mail Call covered an array of topics from medieval archers to World War 2 flight jackets (A-2). Everyone recognizes the flight jackets because their style and elegance has lasted through the decades.

R Lee Ermey made a remark about how the old pilots used to decorate their flight jackets. Some guys would adorn the backs of their jackets with their squadron's name. Others would emblazen their jackets with pinup girls. Unfortunately, pinup girls are no longer allowed on the back of flight jackets. And the question now, is "Why?"

Are women offended by pinup girls? Is admiring beauty a bad thing? WTH decided that pretty girls are bad? And WTH made the executive decision that pretty girls are stick thin?

I am speculating that ugly feminist made pinup girls a bad thing. I've always assumed that most feminist were ugly women. I `image-googled' feminist and found this. You decide :).

None of my friends like the 'i eat carrots and broccoli for breakfast, lunch and dinner' look that seems to be the fad. Sure, no one wants a woman that munches on bon-bons and hamhocks. There is a happy median between those two extremes.

This reminds me of an acquiantance who made the comment, "How would you like it if people were staring at you when you bent over to get something?" Well, I guess it would not bother me. Thats a tough problem to have for a lady, to be sure -- "I'm a pretty girl and thats unfair." Heh, tough life, no?

I like pinup girls myself - especially when next to an American muscle car. Pretty women are great. However, don't read that and think I'm gawking at women. I don't. In the spirit of pretty women, I present some olympians of interest!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know I've gone from a 'A friend from New Zealand', to now a mere 'acquiantance'....... :(

9:49 AM  
Blogger pythoncoder said...

I haven't spoken to you in quite a few days now... Don't blame me - blame yourself :p.

Anyway you're right -- you're not an acquiantance, it was a bad adjective. I apologize.

10:01 AM  
Blogger pythoncoder said...

Ughh. Yes I realize that acquaintance is a noun. That is yet even more proof that choosing words is an arduous task for me today. (Not to mention that I had been misspelling it ;))

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like I have said before, of coure I am right....I always am!
;)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, just so you know, the smaller picture of the girls on the flag.....well...isn't the one on the left a man.....
lol....

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home