Sunday, December 11, 2005

Why are me feet cold and wet?

Saturday after working out, I plopped down on the couch and started flipping through Tivo's "Now Playing List." I start watching Family Guy until my stomach interrupts the episode. The grumblings of my tummy were a reminder that I hadn't had much to eat since breakfast.

I stumble into the kitchen looking for the raisins. "Where are those raisins?" I wonder. That query was quickly replaced by "Are my feet wet?" I look down and notice that water is covering the ENTIRE kitchen floor. Not only is the entire kitchen floor covered, but the water has creeped down the hall torwards the garage and pantry. Not only were my feet wet, they were incredibly cold. The water covering the floor was very cold, almost as if it were refrigerated.

"Where is the plumbing leak?" I wonder. I first check under the kitchen sink expecting to see a cabinet floor full of water. Hmm. That is dry.

Well, maybe the ice-maker hose behind the fridge is busted. That sounds really stupid. Maybe, the water in the `cooling-compartment' of the fridge has froze, busting the plastic container. The `cooling-compartment' is a plastic `staging' area for water after it has been filtered. The idea is that water is stored there, so that when it is dispensed by the refrigerator it will be cold and crisp.

Inspection of the `cooling-compartment' reveals no damage. Well damn. I don't really want to pull the refrigerator out of its cabinet to check the hoses. For some reason or another, I decide to look in the freezer. Our refrigerator is a bit different from most. It's a kenmore elite, which has a pull-out freezer drawer that comprises the bottom third of the refrigerator. I yank open the freezer drawer and hear a big splash. The ice drawer is full of water.

Apparently the ice maker malfunctioned and started `dumping' ice that wasn't frozen. Well, non frozen ice is water ;). The water overflowed out of the freezer and onto the floor. I have pictures of the fiasco below.

I turned the icemaker back on and it seems to be working. However, I'll always be weary of that contraption. Luckily our floors are concrete (scored and stained), so no damage really occurred.

No, those aren't shiny-clean floors!















After this mess, I wanna crack open the wine cooler and start drinking.















Nice thing about concrete floors is I can use a shop-vac to clean up messes!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Pwned" ;)

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home