Friday, February 10, 2006

My Three Hours Of Power

It was funny. I was googling `scott siegler ancestor' and found my blog come up as the second link.

My power is never ending. People from all over the world are linking to me. I'm such an authority on Scott Sigler, that the omniscient oracle, Google, gave me as an answer!

I bragged to all my friends. Spouted off lines like, "If you need me to make or break your podcast, let me know about it and I'll blog it." Life was awesome!

Until... I visit a friend's cube and tell him - "Hey, did you know I'm a man of influence and power in the blogosphere?". "No." he replied, seemingly unimpressed.

"Damn you!" I think to myself. I command him, "Google `scott sigler ancestor'". He does and I'm not the second item returned by google!

Hmmm.. Then it hits me. The inescapable feeling of "you're not powerful, you're an ignorant jackass" crawls up my spine. In my blog, I had misspelled Sigler. I spelled it `Siegler'.

My bubble burst and my friend got a good laugh. *sigh*. It's probably better that I don't wield any power, I'm certain I'd only abuse it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home